Welcome to our Newest Resource!

Welcome to the On-line connection to First Assembly of God in West Memphis. We hope to provide you with up to date news and information to our church.

To get the most out of this resource, please take the time to subscribe to our email service. Once you provide your email information in the box at the right side of the screen, you will receive a confirmation email. Please activate your subscription from the email.

There are also links to our pastoral staff blogs to the right. An added feature is our prayer blog. (If you would like a prayer request added to this blog, please contact Laurie A. at supermom4jc @ yahoo.)

It is our prayer that this blog will help you keep up with ALL of the exciting ministries and events of our great church!

Be sure to check out Pastor Rusty's blog for devotions and encouragement straight from God's Word!

Rejoicing in this wonderful day,

The Leadership Team of First Assembly

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Prayer Fast Journal

I hope you guys are keeping up with your prayer fast journal.

There are some powerful verses to meditate on and claim during this fast.

Did anybody else just about shout on the verses from Saturday and Sunday? Because of our weekend schedule, I didn't get to journal until today. When I turned to those verses, my spirit was excited!

If you haven't read them or don't remember, they are:

Saturday: Theme: I will trust in God’s Word to give me direction and guidance.
Scripture: Proverbs 6:20-23
My son, keep your father's commands and do not forsake your mother's teaching. 21 Bind them upon your heart forever; fasten them around your neck. 22 When you walk, they will guide you; when you sleep, they will watch over you; when you awake, they will speak to you. 23 For these commands are a lamp, this teaching is a light, and the corrections of discipline are the way to life.

Sunday: Theme: I am believing God for good things to happen in my family.Scripture: Psalm 112:1-9
1Praise the LORD . Blessed is the man who fears the LORD , who finds great delight in his commands. 2 His children will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed. 3 Wealth and riches are in his house, and his righteousness endures forever. 4 Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man. 5 Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely, who conducts his affairs with justice. 6 Surely he will never be shaken; a righteous man will be remembered forever. 7 He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD . 8 His heart is secure, he will have no fear; in the end he will look in triumph on his foes. 9 He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor, his righteousness endures forever; his horn will be lifted high in honor.

Here are some verses to "chew" on and to claim in your prayer time! God promises His direction and He promises if we fear Him and if we delight in His promisies then our children will be mighty in the land!

During our Sectional Council service last night, a fellow minister was praying over me at the altar. I heard the prayer and immediately my heart was consumed with a yearning for more of God. What was the prayer? He prayed that my children would receive a double portion of the Spirit of God that I have. I have heard that before. I heard it last weekend at a Leadership Retreat I attended. I heard it this time and it struck home. Is a double portion enough to see my kids through their generation? I think- I KNOW, I must seek His face more diligently, and more purposefully. I want my kids to inherit a wealth of spiritual blessings from my heavenly Father!

As we are nearing the half way mark of this fast, I find different "temptations" than I did the first week. Instead of just wanting food, I now get a little frustrated at the lack of convenience with the food preparation. The fast has interrupted my busy lifestyle. Hmmmmmm....... Could that be the intention of the Master? Could it be, He desires me, to put everything else on hold, and just seek His face a little more? Have I gotten that busy, and that callous that meal preparations get me out of sorts?

I don't know about each of you but after each day, I think, "Wow, I cleaned up that issue rather nicely. Why don't I just go back to my old diet now?" When - Bam! God opens another door of my heart, and what do I find, but more garbage, more junk that needs to be cleaned out!!!!

There is a verse of scripture that says, "His mercies are new every morning, his compassions are new every day!" I am beginning to see why a loving and just God would have to have new mercies and compassions every day, - because we need them.

He is a great God! Aren't we privileged to know Him?


love you all
dorinda

3 comments:

Beth said...

Dorinda,
Another great entry! Everyday I'm amazed how each scripture is just wait I need for that day. The day before I will think that I really need more help in a certain area and then the next day that scripture eases me and God lets me know that He's taking care of me and that is such an encouragement.
I'm with you on the food temptations. Today was a hard today b/c I really wanted some chicken. It's definelty a want b/c I hear Satan is telling me that it would be ok for me to eat the chicken b/c I need the nutrients. At that moment I say no way! My flesh really wants to cave in, but my spirit is winning b/c I keep running to God to give me the strength to make it each day. After reading that last sentence I just realized that I wouldn't have done thata couple of weeks ago. God is so good!

Anonymous said...

Dorinda,
Hey, whew!! man I am really struggling today. I have had many, many , many different emotions!! I don't have one of those prayer journals for this fast... I am sure I could really do some damamge to it right now if I had it..haha
Do you think you could bring me one at MP3 tomorrow night? Thank you.. Joyce

The Leadership Team of First Assembly said...

Carmen,
I published your recipe, but it didn't come up, so I am posting it here.
Thanks!
CHICK NUTS (SNACK)
LOW GI
TOASTED CHICKPEAS MAKE A TERRIFICALLY HEALTHY DANIEL DIET SNACK. SPICE THEM UP WITH THE FLAVORINGS SUGGESTED OR YOUR OWN COMBINATIONS. ALL U NEED IS SOME DRY CHICK PEAS (GARBONZO BEANS)

PER 1/2 CUP
CAL 320
CARB 45G
FAT 6 G
FIBER 15G

1 1-LB PKG DRY CHICK PEAS
1. SOAK THE CHICKPEAS IN WATER OVERNIGHT. NEX DAY, DRAIN AND PAT DRY WITH PAPER TOWELS.
2. SPREAD THE CHICKPEAS IN A SINGLE LAYER OVER A BAKING TRAY. BAKE AT 350 DEGREES FOR ABOUT 45 MIN. OR NTIL COMPLETELY CRIST. (THEY WILL SHRINK TO THEIR ORIGINAL SIZE.
3. TOSS WITH A FLAVORING (SEE BELOW) WHILE HOT,OR COOL AND SERVE PLAIN.
SPICY - SPRINKLE A MIXTURE OF CAYENNE PEPPER AND GARLIC POWDER OR ONION POWDER OVER THE HOT CHICK NUTS. OR SPRINKLE GARLIC POWDER AND PAPRIKA OVER THEM.
AFTER SEASONING THESE, ALLOW THEM TO AIR DRY FOR A FEW DAYS TO ENSURE ALL MOISTURE HAS EVAPORATED.