Welcome to our Newest Resource!

Welcome to the On-line connection to First Assembly of God in West Memphis. We hope to provide you with up to date news and information to our church.

To get the most out of this resource, please take the time to subscribe to our email service. Once you provide your email information in the box at the right side of the screen, you will receive a confirmation email. Please activate your subscription from the email.

There are also links to our pastoral staff blogs to the right. An added feature is our prayer blog. (If you would like a prayer request added to this blog, please contact Laurie A. at supermom4jc @ yahoo.)

It is our prayer that this blog will help you keep up with ALL of the exciting ministries and events of our great church!

Be sure to check out Pastor Rusty's blog for devotions and encouragement straight from God's Word!

Rejoicing in this wonderful day,

The Leadership Team of First Assembly

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Food!!!!

Okay- so, I had my serious post last night. Here is the "ME" post!

I have REALLY struggled. Hunger wasn't the only issue- having enough protein to balance out my blood sugar levels has been a chore! God and I have been having some serious discussions about this. And- as always, an enemy has had to put his stupid opinion in there.

Thankfully, I believe I have listened to God. I CAN do this! I have found ways to handle the health issue and still stay on the fast.

I have learned that God has a great sense of humor. One day last week I was taking my mom to Memphis. While I was pumping gas I could feel my blood sugar dropping. Not wanting to make a scene and some poor soul calling 9-1-1 for me, I decided I needed to take action quickly.
I went inside to find a high protein something. The highest protein intake I could find was a chocolate protein bar. I cringed on the inside at my dilemma. What was I to do? The answer came as I just about dropped to the floor.

So, I very hesitantly put a bite in my mouth (after paying for it of course). I anticpated the rich flavor of chocolate reaching my mouth. I felt quilty, but knew this was necessary. But God in His creation of humor, must have been ready to "bust a gut" in heaven laughing at me. Because the moment the "rich flavor of chocolate" hit my tongue was a moment of total revulsion and almost "expulsion"!

Someone call Corey B. Trotz! Slap a lawsuit on some company for ginormous false advertising! That was not a chocolate protein bar! That was a protein bar made from elephant droppings! How nasty! How grotesque! How utterly distasteful! Gag! Gag!

But- because I was NOT eating for enjoyment, I was eating it for nutrition and out of dire need, I ate the horrific thing called a protein bar. And - true to its nutritional value, it saved me from being laid on stretcher and sent to an ER. (You do know that I use hyperbole to the max- right?)

So, I have learned to do my best to not let my blood sugar level drop so that I do not have to eat the "chocolate thing".

Something good I just discovered today, however, and FULL of protein is what I call Tofu Scramble!

I took some firm tofu and scrambled it up as I would an egg- adding some red pepper and red onion in a little olive oil. After that was done I set it aside and put some olive oil and took a wheat tortilla. I tore the tortilla into small pieces and stir fried it. Then I mixed everything together and salt and peppered it. Ummm emmm Good!!!

So,- now I take a proactive approach to blood sugar levels and just make sure I get enough protein before I leave the house. Heaven knows I can't be eating chocolatized elephant droppings!!!!!!!

Well, you know what I mean! :)
Have a great day! I sure hope you are keeping up with your journals, because those scriptures are right on each and every day!

love you all,
dorinda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I would like to encourage anyone out there who is thinking about quiting the fast before Sunday (our 21st day) You can do it, remember you are not doing this for yourself you are doing it to draw closer to God. I am putting this comment out there for myself as well as anyone else who may need to be encouraged.
My Husband came to the evening service to see Jessica in the Fine Arts program - thats one answer to my prayer - God is Good All the Time and ALL the time God is Good.