Welcome to our Newest Resource!

Welcome to the On-line connection to First Assembly of God in West Memphis. We hope to provide you with up to date news and information to our church.

To get the most out of this resource, please take the time to subscribe to our email service. Once you provide your email information in the box at the right side of the screen, you will receive a confirmation email. Please activate your subscription from the email.

There are also links to our pastoral staff blogs to the right. An added feature is our prayer blog. (If you would like a prayer request added to this blog, please contact Laurie A. at supermom4jc @ yahoo.)

It is our prayer that this blog will help you keep up with ALL of the exciting ministries and events of our great church!

Be sure to check out Pastor Rusty's blog for devotions and encouragement straight from God's Word!

Rejoicing in this wonderful day,

The Leadership Team of First Assembly

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Day 3: Press On!

March 4, 2008 (Tuesday)
As I sit here this morning, once again watching the squirrels out of my window, my mind drifts to our 21-day Daniel Fast. It probably drifted there because of a sharp hunger pain. I have made it my goal that each time I feel a hunger pain or have a craving for something, to use that as a nudge to pray. As I try to keep that goal, I am breathing prayers throughout the day. We begin DAY THREE on our fast…how are you doing? Have you slipped up some? If so, that’s ok, just do better today. Remember that we are in this thing together, fighting together as a huge family and at the same time army. There are things that we desperately want to hear from God on, and I know it my heart that God will honor our commitment to this fast. Please remember, to keep your focus on God and not on the food that you can or can’t eat. Also, not to allow a COMPLAINING SPIRIT to overtake you. Strive to begin and end the day with THANKSGIVING AND PRAISE. Push on my friends…we can accomplish this goal. It is WELL WORTH THE FIGHT.
I would like to share something with you today that I read from Rick Renner’s “Sparkling Gems from the Greek” book concerning slothfulness. I have always thought that laziness and slothfulness were the same thing, but they are not. When I read warnings in the Bible about slothfulness, I have always moved right along because I have always been a hard worker. However, this morning as I was reading Rick’s study about slothfulness, I quickly turned my meditation to what I am writing on this morning. Since DAY THREE of a fast is kind of like DAY THREE after a surgery…the most painful, I want to issue a challenge about not allowing ourselves to become SLOTHFUL during this fast commitment. Let’s look at it together.
Hebrews 6:12 That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
Slothful comes from the Greek word nothros and describes something that is dull, monotonous, or unexciting; something that is slow and sluggish; or something that has lost its speed or momentum. This "something" is still moving, but it isn't moving with the same velocity and aggressiveness it once had. It has lost the drive, thrust, impetus, pace, and speed it once possessed. This word therefore presents the idea of someone who was once zealous about something but whose zeal has now dissipated, replaced instead by neutrality.

Please check out the remainder of todays blog by CLICKING HERE.

I love you guys, and hope that you have an awesome day in the Lord. I hope to see you in our revival service tonight at 7 pm. Blessings!

Pastor Rusty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pastor Rusty,
Thank you!! I really needed this word today.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Mike and I had an experience similar to Tina Barton's yesterday.
We went to St.Mary,MO yesterday to set up a space for Mike's sports autographs. We know this space was an answer to prayer. We had a great trip there but on the way back we were 20 miles from Blythville when our battery light came on..within 10 miles we lost all lights,wipers and heat. We prayed for guidence. We called 911 and they transferred us to the MO.State Police. She called a wrecker. As we started waiting for the wrecker we did not know where to have them take the car. Mike tried to call Joe Lyons but he was not home. Then Mike remembered that the brother of an old friend lives in B'ville and attends 1st AG.He is also in the parts business. He called 1st AG and got his number. Mike called Tommy and it turns out his son is a mechanic. It was now almost 6pm..so no shops open. We called Beth & Jeremy to come to B'ville to get us. As soon as I hung up..Tommy called Mike back and offered the use of his truck to drive home. What a blessing! It was still pouring down rain through all of this. We waited for the wrecker for a little over an hour. He dropped us and the car at the shop and the truck was waiting there for us. We made it home by 830pm...to late for the revival but we know God was with us. He turned what satan intended for bad into good. I believe that Diane is right. We will all probably be under attack at some point during the fast..but if we hold fast to God and His Word we will rejoice at the end..
Kay Dragges