Welcome to our Newest Resource!

Welcome to the On-line connection to First Assembly of God in West Memphis. We hope to provide you with up to date news and information to our church.

To get the most out of this resource, please take the time to subscribe to our email service. Once you provide your email information in the box at the right side of the screen, you will receive a confirmation email. Please activate your subscription from the email.

There are also links to our pastoral staff blogs to the right. An added feature is our prayer blog. (If you would like a prayer request added to this blog, please contact Laurie A. at supermom4jc @ yahoo.)

It is our prayer that this blog will help you keep up with ALL of the exciting ministries and events of our great church!

Be sure to check out Pastor Rusty's blog for devotions and encouragement straight from God's Word!

Rejoicing in this wonderful day,

The Leadership Team of First Assembly

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Last Day!

Well, here we are. The last day of our Daniel Fast.

Before I got up for my "chores" for the day, I lay in bed and began thanking my God for all the changes He has made in me during this fast. This is very hard to articulate, but I will try.

I had not realized before the fast, but there were things I was keeping from God. Just those mundane silly things, that for some reason, I wanted to hold on to - like maybe, diet coke and m&ms. Not that there is anything wrong with enjoying diet coke and m&ms, but if you aren't willing to give it up for 21 days to draw closer to God, then something is majorly wrong.

So began my battle on the Daniel Fast. I found that once I allowed God into that area of my heart, He had access to so much more. Am I looking forward to diet coke at the end of the fast? Yes, most definitely. But, I will keep in my heart of hearts, that I will never keep that area from God again. Now, I am almost afraid of what sugar is going to do to my body! But I will approach those eating habits very cautiously. :)

After I finished thanking God for things He has done in my heart, I began interceding on behalf of the needs I wrote down for this fast. One by one, I called out friends' children, needs for healing- for my mom and other friends. I cried out in desperation for my children to ALWAYS serve God passionately. I asked God again for direction for our new church building and for His timing to supersede. I claimed this community for Christ! I prayed for souls to be added to the Kingdom on Easter and during our video series.

These are all things that I know in my heart God will answer! The victory is ours! He has won- because He has all power and has in His hands the keys to death, hell, and the grave!

He is alive! and is at the right hand of the Father interceding for all of our requests that we have brought before Him.

This is the last day of this fast, but the first of many fasts to come!
love and prayers,
dorinda

1 comment:

LAURIE said...

Dorinda,
thanks for having this post during our fast, I think it helped alot to connect with others that were also fasting. I, also, felt God open areas that I did not know that I needed to surrender. One of those areas was how I was taking care of my temple (my body) and what I was putting into my body without even considering the effects. I believe these past 21 days has given me many new posts to write for my blog. (ha ha)Thanks again for pressing us on and encouraging us thru this Daniel Fast. I believe many great testimonies will be shared in days to come...