Welcome to our Newest Resource!

Welcome to the On-line connection to First Assembly of God in West Memphis. We hope to provide you with up to date news and information to our church.

To get the most out of this resource, please take the time to subscribe to our email service. Once you provide your email information in the box at the right side of the screen, you will receive a confirmation email. Please activate your subscription from the email.

There are also links to our pastoral staff blogs to the right. An added feature is our prayer blog. (If you would like a prayer request added to this blog, please contact Laurie A. at supermom4jc @ yahoo.)

It is our prayer that this blog will help you keep up with ALL of the exciting ministries and events of our great church!

Be sure to check out Pastor Rusty's blog for devotions and encouragement straight from God's Word!

Rejoicing in this wonderful day,

The Leadership Team of First Assembly

Monday, March 17, 2008

Home Stretch

Well, guys. We are just about finished with our 21 Day Fast. In one way it seems like it has been forever and in another sense it has gone by quickly. - But I have to admit, the forever part definitely weighs heavier than the quick part.

For me, the hardest part was last week. I REALLY struggled. I became frustrated, not so much with the food choices, but for the lack of convenience to my lifestyle. Through these two weeks of the Daniel Fast I have learned several things.

They are:
  • I had a habit of living to eat, rather than eating to live.
  • I allowed my lifestyle, with its hectic pace, to determine my eating habits and even my food choices.
  • My eating habits were a slave to my lifestyle.
  • I was continuously making bad decisions for me and my family on our food choices and eating habits.
  • I was not as close to God as I thought I was.
  • I had and still have many issues that I need to allow God to clean up.
  • Fasting must become a spiritual discipline for me if I want to continue to grow closer to my Lord.

I must say that I am a changed person. Maybe not so much on the outside, but definitely in my thinking. I need Christ more than ever. I need Him with every breath I take. Too many times I have forged ahead before I heard His whisper.

I haven't totally enjoyed this 21 day fast. There are times I was angry, because I just wanted it to be a little more convenient. Well, that is the truth, even if it is ugly to admit. But I have learned that His strength is what I need. If I can live in discipline to this, I can live in discipline to other areas of my life with the help of the Holy Spirit.

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. I hope to do better this week.
Let's keep in an attitude of prayer this week for the upcoming Easter Services! I am excited about what God is going to do in the lives our family and friends!

love and prayers,
dorinda

No comments: