Welcome to our Newest Resource!

Welcome to the On-line connection to First Assembly of God in West Memphis. We hope to provide you with up to date news and information to our church.

To get the most out of this resource, please take the time to subscribe to our email service. Once you provide your email information in the box at the right side of the screen, you will receive a confirmation email. Please activate your subscription from the email.

There are also links to our pastoral staff blogs to the right. An added feature is our prayer blog. (If you would like a prayer request added to this blog, please contact Laurie A. at supermom4jc @ yahoo.)

It is our prayer that this blog will help you keep up with ALL of the exciting ministries and events of our great church!

Be sure to check out Pastor Rusty's blog for devotions and encouragement straight from God's Word!

Rejoicing in this wonderful day,

The Leadership Team of First Assembly

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Day 1: The Whisper of God

Wow! You made it!


I don't know about you, but I know that on March 23rd, we are going to have some victories to share!


Our services today were wonderful. As the evengelist ministered in tonight's service, I just kept thinking, I want to be close enough to God to hear His whisper. His text was from 1 Kings 19, with the last point in verse 12. After the wind, the earthquake, and the fire, came the gentle whisper of God.


My little girl likes to whisper things in my ear. In order for me to hear her, I have to be very close to her. I feel the breath of her words as she whispers in my ear. Don't you want that from God? Oh, my! I do!


Today was a challenging day as our family is learning what we can tolerate and not on this fast. Surprisingly, I wakened this morning very thirsty and was craving water! Before lunch I had some REAL hunger pains. Something very foreign to me!


But at the end of this day, we are preparing for bed, and we have made it! We have said "no" to chocolate and sodas and bread.... and a bunch of good stuff. But- we have said "yes" to a closer walk with our Savior!


I want my spirit man to be in control of all of me. This whole fast is about denying ourselves "delicasies" in order to draw closer to God. As we submit the cravings of our flesh to our spirit man, our spirit man is able then to communicate with God on a more intimate level. When our spirit man is in control, things happen in the heavenlies! When my spirit man is in control, I will be able to hear the whisper of God in my heart!


I know I have rambled, but I just wanted to journal my thoughts tonight. Our Fasting Journal topic today was "The Power of God is Working in my Life". Our prayer is that we began to see and feel His power working in our lives. The power of the Creator of the universe is at work within you! Let Him be God and submit every area of your life to him. Listen for His whisper as He works His power through you!


Let us hear from you and what God is doing in your life! This staff loves you and we are praying for you!

dorinda

No comments: