Welcome to our Newest Resource!

Welcome to the On-line connection to First Assembly of God in West Memphis. We hope to provide you with up to date news and information to our church.

To get the most out of this resource, please take the time to subscribe to our email service. Once you provide your email information in the box at the right side of the screen, you will receive a confirmation email. Please activate your subscription from the email.

There are also links to our pastoral staff blogs to the right. An added feature is our prayer blog. (If you would like a prayer request added to this blog, please contact Laurie A. at supermom4jc @ yahoo.)

It is our prayer that this blog will help you keep up with ALL of the exciting ministries and events of our great church!

Be sure to check out Pastor Rusty's blog for devotions and encouragement straight from God's Word!

Rejoicing in this wonderful day,

The Leadership Team of First Assembly

Friday, March 7, 2008

Lunch with Dorinda

He-ey!
Fridays are my day to do whatever I need to catch up. This morning I spent catching up on Bible reading and just spendin' time with Jesus.

At noon, I decided I better get a bite to eat. I went to my redecorated pantry-(I have so many more colors in there now!) and then the veggie refrigerator. I picked a soy based creamy broccoli soup. Hmmmmm. That's new. Rusty walks in with some replinishments for our disappearing juices. He is grinning and I inquire the reason for his smirk. He holds up one of his finds- Pomegranate/Blueberry Juice. The label says it boosts your brain power! Whew! Do I need that!

My "creamy" broccoli soup beeps in the microwave. I pour it in my bowl, grab my vegetable soy crackers, and a glass of my new brain food, pomegranate juice! What a tastey lunch! A month ago if someone told me I would have that for a lunch, I would have laughed my head off. Today, I am quite satisfied. My heart is full and my belly is full.

I find that I am eating to live and not living to eat. I found a book yesterday called The Detox Diet. It was written by some medical doctors concerning the digestinal tract and its health. I have read half of the first chapter and already, I see that God's dietary regulations are right on track. Of course, they would be, he designed and created our bodies!

I don't know about you guys, but I feel better. Even my children are less cranky! (Me thinks we had waaaaay too much sugar in our diet.)

Well, I just wanted to share my lunch with you and see how you were doing today. By the way, for you diet coke lovers out there, you just "gotta" try the pomegranate/berry juice! After 5 days and no diet coke - This stuff ROCKS! - oops!!

I guess it is okay to enjoy natural stuff?

okay - gotta go! Schools out and it is snowing!!!!
love you all!

dorinda

4 comments:

The Leadership Team of First Assembly said...

Carmen,
Rusty also found some V-8 Juice with no preservatives and no sugars! I love that stuff!
So, you don't have to make your own!
how cool is that!?
dorinda

The Leadership Team of First Assembly said...

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/drmao/12623/food-safety-what-you-need-to-know

here's an interesting link to look at....

Anonymous said...

Tomatoe Vegtable and Cabbage Soup
Spicy V-8 or regular V-8
frozen green beans
carrots
2 chopped potatoes
2 celery stalks
shredded cabbage
cook for an 1 hour.

Baked Apples
Chop up an apple and sprinkle with cinnamon. microwave for 3 min.
(good on brown rice for breakfast)

Anonymous said...

Tomatoe Vegtable and Cabbage Soup
Spicy V-8 or regular V-8
frozen green beans
carrots
2 chopped potatoes
2 celery stalks
shredded cabbage
cook for an 1 hour.

Baked Apples
Chop up an apple and sprinkle with cinnamon. microwave for 3 min.
(good on brown rice for breakfast)